Meet Vikas, one of our Top Certified freelancers, from Dreams Studios is a leading firm based in India. His teams’ ultimate objective is to provide best services and improve overall growth of client’s business in the cut-throat market…
Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you get into freelancing?
From childhood, I love to meet new people, interact with them and try new things. Working without boundaries is what attracted me towards freelancing.
My upbringing was in a rural area and I was not aware of the technology. During my school days, I used to work in my father’s shop so I could help him with running the family. In my last school years, I sold SIM cards & mobile recharges and earned good money. There at some point, I understood that there are a lot of things to try in life and it is not only about the money but living your life with full passion.
I came across computers during my graduation (Bachelor of Technology); this was one of the turning points in my life when I developed a website for my college to manage the library. From that time I was attracted towards technology and decided to work as a freelancer.
In between, I joined an institute where I trained people on web designing to earn a living.
My freelancing journey started with logo designing and since then I have been looking forward to new and better opportunities which can enhance my knowledge and creativity
I wanted to make a company where everyone is working to attain their dreams. There are a lot of people from rural areas or from small towns who are full of talent but do not get many opportunities. I wanted to create a platform where they could showcase their talent and abilities and live their dreams.
Right now there are 30 in the team at Dreams Studios and are working to fulfill our dreams; we wish to become an MNC in coming years.
What was your previous job before deciding to go freelance?
I had worked with a company for about 8-9 months. Though I enjoyed and learned a lot, it did not satisfy me much, and due to family issues, I left.
How did you come across PPH?
While reading a blog I came across the PPH platform and created the account 3 years ago. It’s a great platform and provided a great support for my business.
What was your first job like on PPH?
I clearly remember that my first job was logo designing; then the chain started with all kinds of projects and we now have done approximately 1200 plus projects with over a thousand reviews. We have become expert in following;
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Mobile and Web Application (Design & Development)
- Web Development (PHP, ASP.Net, Framework such as Laraval, Codeignator, etc.)
- All kinds of CMS development (WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Shopify, etc.)
- SEO and Digital Marketing
What is a typical day like for you?
I am still in my 20’s and do not care much about personal space. All I care about is my clients, my business, and teammates.
I love to work at night and my day starts at in the afternoon. I work for around 15-16 hrs. a day. Once I am in the office time is not a factor for me.
We have made a schedule in our office such that we can give time to clients from all over the globe; if any client wants to talk in our ‘night-time’ we answer their calls because they are our first priority.
Being free from all the chaos and getting new and innovative ideas is the reason why I choose to work at night.
How does freelancing compare to a 9-5?
As I told earlier I do not like to work in boundaries, so that I can listen to my heart and do the best. The ultimate goal was to do something that I loved.
What benefits have you found by using PPH?
PPH has provided us with a very huge platform where we can meet good clients and make an on-going relationship. I’ve recommended many of our clients to use PPH for the services that we do not provide. The work streams are awesome and everything is easily accessible. The workflow of PPH is so good because it helps in managing multiple projects.
What does your future hold? Where would you like to take this?
I have a team of 30 people who are expert in their areas. We have made different departments of different teams like graphics, web design, mobile apps, web development etc., who are passionately working in their domain
I am very much looking forward to growing more so that we can come up with new ideas and can provide a platform to the young talent in order to fulfill their dreams.
What are your top 5 tips for freelancers who are new to PPH?
- Be honest in the work that you are doing and give 100% to accomplish the task. Things should be done in a planned way, if Plan A is not working, be ready with Plan B.
- Communication with clients is the key to success. Try to discuss as much as and as early as possible with them and understand their needs so the result will be according to the clients’ needs.
- Respect the Deadlines. Work done on time creates a positive image in the client’s mind. And of course, we also get time if any correction is needed.
- Feedback is important. Always ask clients to fill in a feedback form which will not take their much time but it will help you in further improvement.
- Innovate. This is the key to sustaining your position in the market. Anyone can enter the market but it is very difficult to sustain without new ideas because there are a lot of competitors available and if you are not providing unique things, you are nowhere.
What are your top 5 tips for web and mobile design?
- Follow the market. Clients always demand new things that should be unique, so one should be aware of what’s out there
- Simplify. Things should not be so complicated that it becomes impossible to be understood by anyone. Instead, it should simple and user-friendly.
- Organize. If everything is in a proper manner then it will be easy for us to show it to the clients so that they can understand it and give their feedback.
- Detailed Analysis. Try to find out all the factors related to a web or a mobile design; it will help in making the things perfect.
- Try Balsamiq; it’s a GUI mockup and website wireframe builder application.
What web browser do you use?
I personally love to use Mozilla Firefox.
If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
I would like to be a Dolphin because they are deep thinkers, have big brains and time-to-time show their creativity.
What do you think of Vikas’ story? Please leave messages of support for Vikas in our comments box below!
If you’d like us to feature your story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.