So you’ve made a website for your business, and have gotten visitors and even some orders. What do you do next? How do you keep customers and orders coming? Well, one key way to do so is to increase your website engagement.
At the Increase Your Website Engagement panel that us here at PeoplePerHour and SuperTasker proudly hosted in New York on February 23, 2016, some of the top industry experts shared their secrets to creating strong and constant website engagement, teaching the attendees how to get customers to leave the homepage and step into and interact with the digital world of their business.
The esteemed panel of experts included:
- David Walker, Product Lead at Carrot – A VICE company
- Dave Hadden, Senior UX Designer at Big Spaceship
- Brandon Carter, Content Marketing Specialist at Outbrain
- Adam Wozney, Community Manager at Wix
- Evans Nicole, Founder at Mynt Creative
Thanks go out to these great panelists for providing some very enlightening and useful information and tips for everyone. Thank you all!
A slew of questions and requests were put forth during the panel, asking for books, tools, blogs, and newsletters that could be followed in order to help increase website engagement and effectiveness. Below is a list of recommendations compiled in response to those requests:
- Content Strategy for Mobile
- Validating Product Ideas: Thru Lean User Research
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common-Sense Approach to Web Usability
- The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
- Creative Confidence
- Lean Startup
- Content Strategy for Web
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy
- About Face
- Google Analytics – helps you track website traffic
- Push Crew – helps you send notifications to subscribers from your website
- Sumo Me – helps increase website traffic
- Speak Pipe – a useful voicemail app for your website
- BumpSale – helps with incremental pricing
- Receiptful – helps provide digital receipts with upselling capabilities
- Intercom – helps with customer communication
- Optimizely – a great A/B testing service
- NYC UXPA
- Gary’s Guide
- Inside Daily Brief
- Fizzle (Sparkline Blog)
- Product Design Weekly
- Sarah Doody’s UX Notebook
- Little Big Details
- Pattern Tap
- Digital Telepathy Blog
- A List Apart
These books, tools, newsletters, and blogs are some that were recommended during the panel and will help you immensely as you work to increase your website engagement. Please be sure to check them out!
Thank you so much to The Farm SoHo for sponsoring this panel, and all the monthly events that PeoplePerHour and SuperTasker are proud and happy to host.
We hope you will join us for the next one!