Meet Muhammad Husnain, a TOP Cert freelancer living with the dream to change the culture of traditional architecture business!
Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you get into freelancing?
I am a free soul, an architectural and interior designer and living with the dream to change the culture of traditional architecture business. I believe that architecture is a noble profession. I was in search of a platform where I could meet with international clients who are in need of creative professionals in architecture and the design industry.
What was your previous job before deciding to go freelance?
I worked within an industrial estate as a junior architect and spent 6 months of my life arranging files.
How did you come across PPH?
I found PPH on the web and tried it and it is my full time business now.
What was your first job like on PPH?
It was a very interesting project by a British industrial designer. The task was to convert cargo shipping containers in to living spaces. The challenge was accepted and the freelance journey began!
What is a typical day like for you?
For me every day is a challenging day and I hunger for new work. I wake up at around 8-9am and complete 15-20 minutes of reading to get me out of bed. After that I do callisthenics for 30 minutes which keeps me energised for the whole day. After breakfast I go to the office and start monitoring emails and start responding to clients. The work day goes on until 10 pm.
How does freelancing compare to a 9-5?
Well, if you ask me, freelancing is what I need to stay lively and passionate because it is a challenge every day. I love to work and do things my way which is not possible in 9-5 job. I can live a free life as well as a good life. And most of all freelancing created the entrepreneurial spirit within me which will definitely lead me to be a self-made millionaire!
What benefits have you found by using PPH?
COMMUNICATION. That is the first thing. I think that PPH really boosted my self confidence. Interaction with clients from different cultural backgrounds and societies really helps if you want to be an entrepreneur. Secondly I love the payment methods PPH introduced. Barrier free and easy.
What does your future hold? Where would you like to take this?
I am a free soul as I mentioned earlier. I want to create my own business empire that can serve humanity in any way. I want to learn the meaning of LIFE.
What are your top 5 tips for freelancers who are new to PPH?
- Look newbies. You want opportunities? Well here is your opportunity, just don’t lose your chance.
- Work hard, that is the most important thing. After that you will know what is required.
- Don’t be fake. Human beings are smart. Be honest and show your real value to clients.
- Don’t give up. Enough said!
- Improve your communication skills. If you are an expert in technical skills and don’t know how to convey a message or sell yourself, you are lost.
What are your top 5 architectural design tips for small businesses?
- As an architectural designer you need to talk less and think more.
- If you don’t have command on any 3D software tools you are not going to be able to deliver your concept/idea into reality.
- Sketchup is a giant. Don’t take it for granted. You can reach the highest level of productivity using it that you can’t imagine.
- Don’t go for perfection.
- Help those people who don’t have what you have got.
What web browser do you use?
If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
I would prefer to stay a human…
What do you think of Muhammad’s story? Please leave messages of support for Muhammad in our comments box below!
If you’d like us to feature your story, please contact us at email@example.com.