Meet Jainam, a TOP CERT seller on PPH specialising in mobile app development, Facebook app development and website development.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you get into freelancing?
I’ve been working on Mobile application development for more than 8 years. By profession, I’m an IT Engineer and I have an MBA in IT. I’ve always loved the Tech field from a young age when I started working with mobile applications. I did some research on the web to see if I could utilise my skills more in the market. PPH enables me to learn new stuff every day, and living in a Tech world there are ample opportunities to grow in the freelance market.
2. What was your previous job before deciding to go freelance?
I’ve never had a defined workplace or a job; I started freelancing straight after graduation.
3. How did you come across PPH?
I was searching for freelancing portals, there I found PPH!
4. What was your first job like on PPH?
Well, obviously at first things are always hard – I remember working 18 hours a day to build my clientele and profile.
5. What is a typical day like for you?
I start work at 7.00am by checking my emails, tech updates and PPH notifications. After that, I build my to-do list for the day – I have a habit of creating a progress chart for my work each week. It’s then simply a daily schedule of client chats’ fresh work. There is no fixed timing of my work, I keep myself active depending on the priority. ‘Do Smart Work’ that’s what I believe in.
6. How does freelancing compare to a 9-5?
Freelancing gives me the flexibility to work anytime anywhere because I work my own hours. I keep myself surrounded by my gadgets which include my Mac Book, iPhone, Watch which I can use anywhere. It feels great to have such flexibility.
7. What benefits have you found by using PPH?
If it’s a count of benefits, there are many! I’ve been able to work with different clients’ around the world like USA/UK … the list goes on. PPH has really helped me to broaden my work as a freelancer and in storing details of work, for example, chat history, attachments, etc which are also easily accessible by the client.
8. What does your future hold? Where would you like to take this?
I would like to continue with PPH and look forward to expanding my work. Hopefully, I’ll have a long-lasting and flourishing future, making visualisations and fantasies come to fruition.
9. What are your top 5 tips for freelancers who are new to PPH?
1. Maintain your profile professionally, it helps to grow your network
2. Keep yourself updated with ongoing events in portals, get connected with various freelancers and clients
3. Have a healthy relationship with client’s, communicate well and accomplish client expectation.
4. Make sure you qualify well for the projects which you apply on
5. Start with the scratch digits then go higher, ‘Keep it simple and work Smart’
10. What are your top 5 tips for your particular role?
1. Get your PPH profile done, create your own website, portfolio
2. Pay attention to the details of client
3. As we all know, communication is the key to success
4. Be organised with every piece of work you do; it eventually helps to reduce the complexity of work
5. Keep yourself active all the time, as the saying goes “people buy people”
11. What web browser do you use?
I use Safari or Chrome but I’m not so choosy as I have to deal with multiple browsers for different work. One can add extensions in their browsers’ for trouble-free work.
12. If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
A dog because dog’s are the safest choice for humanity, showcasing their talent for loyalty, communicativeness, riskless choice, they’re magnificent and have credibility.
What do you think of Jainam’s story? Please leave messages of support for Jainam in our comments box below!
If you’d like us to feature your story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.