Organisations that have successfully embraced Digital Transformation are well on their way to reap the real benefits and RoI (Return on Investments). For every success story, however, there are many more perceived or real failures. It is equally good to know about lost wars and fallen heroes.
Here is how to make sure Digital Transformation earns a great reputation in your organisation.
Three simple measures to validate your success with digital transformation:
1) Enhanced customer engagement and experience at every touch points
2) Smart workforce management
3) Productivity/process optimisation
Common Strategic failures:
- Organisational resistance to design thinking
- Leveraging wrong digital drivers and ambassadors
- Big bang approach instead of keeping it small and simple with pilot projects and then moving rapidly
- Aversion to emerging technologies and cloud offerings
- Disconnect with Millennials – Social media and mobile devices
- Top down push instead of bottom-up stakeholder buy-in
- Cultural resistance
Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time;
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The success patterns or footprints of digital transformation:
- Companies that digitally transform before their competition receive the benefits of first mover advantage and competitive edge; the culture that is inherited during a transition is something that your competitor will not be able to copy or replicate.
- A better customer experience and engagement in the organisation is reflected in surveys and revenue.
- An enhanced brand reputation that helps with business sustainability
- Streamlined operations for efficient cost control
- Increase in sales that drives your topline
- Retention of customers – lesser cost of marketing and sales
- Improve management decisions – Data driven decisions
- Quick to market with rapid development of new products and services
- Design thinking – A company culture that encourages creativity and innovation
About the Author:
We are an IT services firm offering DIGITAL solutions for Startups and Enterprises. We are experts in custom web and mobile application design &development, data solutions and product implementations. We are a team of 150 employees with a development centre in India and engagement offices in the US, Dubai and the UK. We have been in operation for more than 10 years now, and we have built about 200+ web applications and 80+ mobile applications. Approximately 70% of our clients are from the US and Europe, and a couple of them are Fortune 500 companies. CIO Review and other associations have awarded us and we are a top rated service provider in PeoplePerHour and Guru job portals.